Sunday, May 5, 2013

Noel's owl purse

I made this owl purse for our little three-year-old neighbor girl, Noel, based on my interpretation of this pattern.  It turned out a little wavy, but I think that's mostly because I was using Lily Sugar 'n' Cream cotton yarn, which has no "give" at all.  The original pattern made a cute little owl purse that was way smaller than I had pictured, so that's why I decided to wing it for Noel's purse.



Sugar 'n' Cream is so nice-looking and pretty that I have been trying to use it in various projects, but I'm always in pain while crocheting (since the yarn doesn't stretch, it seems to take a lot more effort on my part) and I'm never 100% happy with the resulting project.  Oh well....

I bought the clasp at Joann Fabrics and had a fun time attaching it to the crocheted "fabric".  It's pretty easy, actually!  Just a wee bit slow-going....

No comments:

Post a Comment