Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mark's "M" Pillow

This is one of my favorite projects yet: an "M" pillow for a soon-to-be-born little dude who will be named Mark.  When his mother asked if I might be able to crochet an "M" pillow similar to Audrey's "A" pillow, I responded with a YES!  The free alphabet crochet patterns by Kimberly Lewis are so nicely written, easy to follow, and done in a lovely font.


Mark's mom requested that the pillow be orange and blue, but that left me with a question.  When I added a gusset in between both sides of the M, where should I change color?  We decided on making half of the gusset blue and the other half orange.  I think it turned out pretty cool!


I ordered yarn from the internet for the first time ever....  For this pillow, I wanted to use a really nice cotton/acrylic blend that I had used before for baby blankets (Cotton Ease by Lion Brand Yarns), but it doesn't come in the colors we wanted.  So, I searched around for other cotton blend yarns, and I found the right colors ("carrot" and "planetarium") in Knit Picks Comfy Worsted.  Other than being really impatient while waiting for the yarn to arrive in the mail, I was happy with the ordering process, price, and yarn itself.


Here's the reason for the orange and blue yarn.... We were trying to match Baby Mark's ADORABLE sea creature bedding!


The blues match pretty darn well, too!


Mark's older brother, Ike, is the one who chose this super-fabulous bedding.  Ike is going to be such a good older brother!


I think it's hilarious that it looks like the shark on Ikey's shirt is trying to take a bite out of the M pillow.  Ha!!  Please don't eat that pillow, Mr. Shark.  I worked very hard on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment